Saturday, October 4, 2008

To Disney World and Back

Just as predicted life is GOOD! It is so great to have Eric back from all those years of intense studying now that the boards are over. I know that next year we will start not seeing him very often again when residency begins, but until then we are just going to enjoy him! The next few months bring for us some exciting events: Interview season begins for Eric in three weeks and will take him all over the place intermittently until the end of January. Our baby is due in just 5 weeks. Yikes! We are really excited to meet her and have her in our family, but I'm a little nervous about labor. Nope, A LOT nervous. We are looking at cars, the first car for Eric and I to ever buy in our lives. (I actually had sweaty palms and a beating heart walking into the Toyota dealership yesterday because it was scary.) We get to come to Utah for Megan's wedding in December and we are so excited for her and Jon (The fourth Jon or John to be a part of this family.) We can't wait to meet Courtney's soon to be baby when we go out there! Also, we are mega excited for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, birthdays etc. etc. We love this time of year!
This last week we celebrated our 7th anniversary. Eric I Looooooove you!
Also, last week we partied hard for my birthday. It was great fun to be in Disney World for that!
I got lots of kisses from Mickey and friends all day because Sterling enjoyed announcing to people that it was his mom's birthday.

Our Disney trip was SOOOOO great! We loved everything about it, even the drive down to Florida and back and all the interesting scenery in between. Our kids went nuts over meeting Mickey and princesses etc. We learned that Sterling is very brave on rides and water slides, but witches and villains terrify him to no end. It was sad to see such a cute little guy get so scared. We would say that he enjoyed the princesses as much as Kerrie, he was quick to get all the kisses he could from them and would sit down and start telling them everything about his day etc. What a charmer! Kerrie was excited and bubbly about everything and is such a pleasant and sweet little girl!
We hope that everyone is doing happy and well and fabulous!
Here are some pics from the trip etc.



It poured rain on us the first day we were in the park, but we still had a GREAT time. We got soaked! Sterling got to go in and meet Mickey while Kerrie slept in the stroller and it was a PRESH parenting moment. He was so awe struck and excited. It was so real to him.



We won Mickey ears for being in the right place at the right time. YEA!
They were worn and appreciated by the kids for almost the whole
extent of how long it took to take this picture.



Meeting the characters was one of the kids favorite things to do. They would get so excited to see them and they loved having them sign their autograph books.



Though Kerrie was never too sure how to feel about these characters, she would still eagerly hand them her signature book, tears and all.



This was Sterling's most favorite ride EVER! We don't have an exact count, but he and Eric this at least ten or eleven times. This is Goofy's Rollercoaster. Sterling is three cars back.


I must admit that I found Dumbo to be a little bit too exciting for my taste. I don't need anymore "tummy tickles" right now.


Auggggghhhhh! Slow down Dumbo!

6 comments:

Auntie Alfie said...

So much fun! And what a cute family...

Suzie said...

I'm jealous. I love Disneyland, but bummer about the rain!!!

Courtney said...

What a fun trip! Sounds like Sterling is just like his dad--I remember Eric would love some rides and then be so freaked out by others. And glad to hear I'm not the only one freaked out about going into labor!

Nicole said...

Yea!! Fun to see your cute family at Disney World! We will all have to go together some time in the future!

*Leslie* said...

So fun. Happy BDay and happy Disneyland! I love the picture of you clutching the Dumbo ride.

Meredith said...

Hey Andrea,
Well, I was feeling a little homesick for Charlottesville, and reading your blog just made my day! These pictures are so YOU and the way you write, it's like I'm right there, hanging our on your lanai while our kids play in the water and Kailey eats the sand.
Your Disney vaca looks like so much fun. I'm glad you guys had a great time! Love ya doll!