Monday, October 20, 2008

Still in there...






Well, here is my BELLY! This baby and me are still large and in charge. We had some excitement on Saturday. I started to go in to labor so off to the hospital we went. When they started to monitor the baby and the contractions there was concern over the baby's heart rate which could indicate an infection coupled with my very sore abdomen. We were monitored until 2AM when they gave me some great pain meds and sent me off to sleep. when I woke up all was well: no more contractions and baby's heart rate was in a healthy range. So, they sent us home and here we still are...large and in charge. We can't wait to meet this one! We are pretty sure her name will be Whitney. Thank you Sarah and Cheryl for helping us out the door on Saturday, for feeding our kids hotdogs and noble attempts at singing Baby Mine to Sterling. Sarah, you just need to sing it a little more off pitch and then you'll get it just like Mommy. We have felt such an outpouring of love from so many offers to watch our kids and help us here and family ready to hop on planes or make the drive to get here. Thank you all so much! We feel ready to give labor another whirl!


Here's some current pics of Sterling and Kerrie.
Current crazes:
Playing with Legos (as shown here) building castles
Watching Disney's Robin Hood
Halloween everything; pumpkins, candy corns, decorations, candy, dressing up like lions and princesses, candy, and pumpkins, and candy. (Kerrie calls them kumpins...oh presh)

Peace Out.

20 comments:

katherine said...

oh i hear you. baby is still in here too. i don't remember being so impatient or uncomfortable with Grace, maybe I was, but man oh man, get this baby out of me. i hope your little babe comes soon. i am glad that you have a good circle of friends to help out when she does arrive. good luck friend!

Brynn said...

Good luck in the coming days! How exciting and seriously, your little kiddos are SO CUTE!

Robyn said...

Ay, ay, ay. That doesn't look fun. You look so beautiful though Andrea! Ya, isn't it great to have friends to count on when family is so far away! I hope the delivery goes well (and soon!).

Cecily R said...

You sure are more upbeat about it than I would have been. The snark comes out when I am that far along and things aren't happening when I want them to...BUT you look fabulous!!

You can tell your cute kids that I can quote most of Robin Hood verbatim, they we can bond.

Did I spell verbatim right? If I did, I need to write it down...

Cecily R said...

Wow. I'm tired. More than one sentence didn't make sense in that comment. You DID get my drift though, right??

Jessica Petersen said...

K, that's a little scary, I'm so glad to hear that everything is well now and good luck in the delivery!!! You guys are awesome!!!

Becca said...

Good luck! Oh, c'mon little Whitney! Give your mama a break! hope she decides to arrive soon! hey, maybe today, right?

*Leslie* said...

You look so cute! I'm really glad that everything is going well. Hang in there, just a few more weeks. Whitney is a darling name but, last I heard you were set on Kate; I love both names. Choosing a name is really hard. Can't wait to hear what you decide on when you see her!

melissa said...

You look great! Can't wait to see her when she decides to come for real! We will be coming to Charlottesville Nov.19 b/c kyle has a urology check-up at uva. Good luck! Ever since we were last in C'ville, Kyle has been praying for Sterling and his trains!

Suzie said...

What? I thought we agreed on Kate Suzanne? So.......Whitney Suzanne? Don't forget that my first born IS named AlexANDRIA. Where's the love. Anyhoo, you look great!

I told a friend an old story about you & I today. Something about a 12 pack of Mountain Dew and a King Size bag of Skittles. Oh, the stomach ache!!

Nicole said...

My nephew and niece are the cutest in the world! Kerrie's hair is getting so long. My offer to come down still stands...whatever you need. Plus, you look way cute, even when you are ready to pop! Love ya!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jack,
You seriously look so great. I look at your picture and think, that is one powerful woman.
I hope that all will go well and can't wait to hear about the new edition to the Cannon family.
Miss you tons, Jack

Unknown said...

Tibet!!! It's Quirk. I am shedding tears of happiness reading your blog! You are a mommy! Of 2 and 7/8 children! Wow! that's all I can say. I will be checking back soon! That's guaranteed.

Meredith said...

I wish we could be there to help! We can't wait to meet "Whitney" in May. BTW, what happened to Katie? I like Whitney though...

Robyn said...

I assume that baby is not STILL in there! What's going on?

katherine said...

i'm with robyn, i am dying to know what your hot body is up to? any baby news yet . . . nothing here!

Marlo said...

Congrats!!!!! Can't wait to see pics of little Whitney.

Karie said...

Congrats!!! I hope you and Whitney are doing well!

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

Congrats!! I hear that you had your baby!!

Mike, Haley, and Emma said...

Congrats!! I hear that you had your baby!!