Saturday, January 12, 2008

Home Again

We have returned to Virginia and are happy to be back. We love our life here and are enjoying this on-going adventure!
We had an amazing vacation! Eric met us in Hawaii and I was much better company after he arrived. I feel so grateful to my parents for having us for so long and making us feel so happy and welcome, and for sharing their lives with us. After four weeks on Hawaii we were used to the balmy weather and the daily beach trips so donning coats and shoes and the bitter cold was a shock for us when we arrived in Utah.

From this....

To this:



How exciting to have a white Christmas! We loved being with family and friends and so many people we love! The Cannons are amazing hosts and they always make us feel like royalty when we visit.
We are so grateful for our families! We love you!

January's news:
Kerrie: Kerrie has starting walking and she is just irresistible with here little toothy grin and her sparkly blue eyes!
Sterling: Sterling is officially potty trained! YEA!!!! What a big boy!
It really was painless, he did such a great job!
Andrea: I tried Yoga for the first time.
Eric: Eric is now 98.5% that he wants to do anesthesia for a profession. He has been figuring out his schedule for "4th year" which begins on March 3rd and it is exciting to have a direction.

Virginia seems green to us even in the dead of January. The weather has been "springy" and we have still been able to have our "daily ration" out on the playground. I think that has made the adjustment from five weeks of Grandma love and attention easier for all of us.
Life goes marching on!





6 comments:

*Leslie* said...

Good job to Kerrie on walking and Sterling on potty-training. Those are huge accomplishments for all of you! We can't wait to see you again!

Cecily R said...

I love both your sunny picture and your snowy one. What an adorable family you have!!

So guess what I found out at Granny's party a few weeks ago? No guesses? I will tell you. NATHANIEL knows about my struggles with underwire! He read my blog and read that post! Neat. I wonder who else in the family (other than my dad AND Aaron--who incidentally embarrasses me so much more to know he read it!) has read about the D sisters sticking to my stomach...sigh. I guess that's what I get for putting it out there. :)

Still jealous about Hawaii.

Kimberly Porter said...

We're glad you're back in Virginia. :)

Jill J said...

From sunny Hawaii to chilli Virginia! How does that feel? Love the fam, cute pictures!

Meghann said...

Glad to see your cute family is doing well. Your kids are so cute. I hope that I get to see you soon. Any plans to go to Utah this summer?

Rivka said...

Hey Andrea! I'm blog-stalking you off of Melissa Orton's page. I've had a good time catching up a little with what your family is doing. I can't believe your little girl is already a year old! Time flies...which is why I love blogs.