The Felt's piled in a car in Indiana, including Rupert from Utah, and came on a very long car ride down Charlottesville and we had a wonderful Thanksgiving together. It was so great to be with them, to see Rupert again, and to watch the cousins enjoy each other. I am so grateful for all of my wonderful family, both the Felts and the Cannons.
Happy Thanksgiving!
I was feeling very grateful and happy and warm. Then, on a very cold Saturday after Thanksgiving morning, we plucked our children out of their beds at 3:45 AM and went to the airport to torture them with airplanes and security precautions for the next 20 hours.
AHHHHH!!!!! But, 20 hrs later we laid them down into comfortable beds carefully prepared by Grandma and Grandpa Felt and they slept happy and warm again, this time under swaying palm trees with ocean sounds drifting in through the open windows. Ah Hawaii.
The airplane ride was nuts! I know that we were very much watched after and blessed with many "tender mercies", though it was still coo coo crazy! After about two hours of sitting in the plane our DVD batteries were dead, Kerrie was going nuts and Sterling was well out of entertainment and wow...there was still eight hours left of the plane ride. But, we made it here safely and really without too much emotional damage. We sat by the nicest man ever who willingly raised his armrest and let Sterling kick him for almost an hour. He helped me pick up dropped toys over and over and was endlessly patient with us.
Sterling and Kerrie were real troopers and I am amazed with their capacity to trust and wait.
When I saw my mom in the Honolulu airport I cried. I didn't know what else to do.
Hey, but all's well that ends well and we are loving it here in Hawaii!
Our time here has been spent so far enjoying Grandma, Grandpa and the beach. Everything is perfect except for a great longing for Eric.
Yea for Hawaii!
Blow up pool?
Hey, there are sharks and fish and sea cucumbers out there in that ocean. Yikes!
Kerrie on the beach with Maui in the background
Kerrie and Kerrie
8 comments:
ok i need to get to my tagging. i just love you. it was fun to read through your posts. are you ever coming to the SLC again so we can hang out? hope so. take care friend and tell Eric hello too! all my love!
Wow! You are a trooper...and so are your darling kids! I am so super jealous of your lovely trip to Hawaii...you SO deserve it!!! Tell Mr. & Mrs. Felt "hello", ok? Love ya!
Well at least you ended up in Hawaii right?? Planes and kids are not the best combination! I always count on "uncle benny" (benedryl) to help me through the flights!
Tell your parents hello for me! They are so great! Have I told you enough time yet that I'm terribly jealous that you are in Hawaii? The flights sound horrible but, I'm sure it is worth it!
I love love LOVE the picture of Kerrie on the beach! So adorable!
Man, you are so lucky to HAVE to visit Hawaii. :)
I can imagine one would be willing to put up with almost anything to get to Hawaii during the dead of winter in Virginia. You are a trooper. We sure miss those smiles and your Christmas card was perfect...I can't believe how they've grown!!
Tibet! It is Peaches! I just found your blog through Carebears! IT looks like you are doing well and are happy being a mom! Your kids are darling!
Peaches...yea! Do you have a blog? What are you up to?
Post a Comment