Thursday, March 19, 2009

Match Day!!!!

Whoa what a day!
This is the day that 4th year med students sit in noisy auditoriums and simultaneously open a letter revealing what residency program they have matched into.
And the verdict is....

Mayo Clinic in toasty warm Rochester Minnesota
3 year anesthesia

Including a one year intern year PARTY in Indiana with Dave and Nicole. We can't wait to be by them!

So, Indiana here we come. phew....this medical school thing has been a wild ride. Are we ready for the next step?
Bring it on baby....bring it on.

19 comments:

Becca said...

Congrats!! We will miss you!

Matt and Kirsten said...

Yeah! You now know where you will be, and how fantastic that you get to be by Dave and Nicole! That is great news!

Becca said...

Ah, we have been thinking of you guys! What a day! CONGRATS on Mayo--that is really really amazing. Way to go, Eric. Oh man, do we have friends for you in Rochester. You guys are going to love living there! Hopefully, we'll cross paths on one of these 5 year stints!!

Robyn said...

Wow, way to go you guys. That is pretty exciting news. Pack your coats!

Jessica Petersen said...

Congratulations!!!!! That is great news! And how fun to be close to Dave & his family for a year!

Ruth Done said...

What a fun adventure you guys are on. Congrats, and I am so glad you get to be by Dave and Nicole!

katherine said...

wahoo!! congrats your guys, well done eric!! ps, i miss you andrea, blog more - when you have a free minute from your 3 babies!!

Cecily R said...

Congrats all around! How exciting!

Courtney said...

I was so excited when I got Eric's text, though I have to admit not a bit surprised. You guys deserve your #1 choice! Hope you're hanging in there and thanks again for all the sleeping advice, little J came down with a cold so I think we'll wait a couple weeks before we give the cry-it-out a go but I can't tell you how ready I am for him to start sleeping better!

Matt said...

Wow-o-wow! That is great news for you and your darling family. Tell Eric "congrats" from me. I think that will be so fun for you guys to live close to your bro' and his family too. Good times! So when is the big move going to take place?

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys.... Minnesota is REALLY cold but beautiful. I totally enjoyed my time there. I am so glad you will get to spend some quality time with the family in the mean time. I love your attitude and your ability to just "roll with it". Love to all.

Nicole said...

Yea! Lucky me, lucky me!! I am so stinkin' excited I can barely control myself! Hipeee!! Hurry May, we are waiting!

Karie said...

Congrats! That is very exciting to finally know where you will be moving!

Chelsea Nelson said...

Tibet!! My sister and brother-in-law and their 2 little kiddos are going to the Mayo Clinic as well for the same program. They are staying another year in Utah and then going.

Lamb Fam said...

Hello Tibet! You have no idea who I am, I am Amazon's sister (she just told me about you). My husband also matched to the 3 year anesthesia program at Mayo. Small world! So I guess we'll see you in a year and some change!
Good luck with the moves!

Heather said...

Congratulations to the Cannon family! We will miss you here in Charlottesville.

Suzie said...

Yea! I'm glad you guys are happy!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Very impressive!

Christy said...

Congratulations!!! Wow - 3 years - that's nothing - it will go by soooo fast! GOOD LUCK!!! Residency is a whole new world. That will be nice to be around family for the first year! Just to give you an idea - Matt gets 4 days off a month - just enough time to catch up on his reading and work on his presentations. Husband - what husband????