Friday, April 27, 2007

Wow! This is a big step for me!

Wow, my first ever blog...or any Internet adventure away from email or amazon.com for that matter. I enjoyed reading all the gals blogs so much. What amazing friends! Kat, you really do have brilliant ideas!

Virginia is amazingly gorgeous right now. There are about ten gazillion blossoms around, all a variety of bright whites, pinks and purples. And the leaves are sprouting and it is turning back into a thick jungle of green here again. Everywhere the air is thick with wet, fresh smells of plants and the sounds of hundreds of birds. This place really is amazing. Charlottesville is a smallish town surrounded on all sides by rural country living and sometimes I feel like I am driving through a coffee table book scene.

We had a great time in Utah but we are glad to be back. Let's get this adventure started! Eric started "3rd year" this week which means rotations through the hospital. His first rotation will be one of the busiest and he will be away from early in the morning until late at night for many of the days including weekends. So, we will hang his picture on the fridge and make Sterling look at it from time to time so he remembers who his dad is. Really we are very excited for this next step in school!

Kerrie is getting bigger and bigger and Sterling's hair is getting longer and longer. Man how these kids grow up fast! Sterling is wildly in love with the Wiggles and with his new found hobby of putting mud and sticks in the neighbors blow up kid pool and picking up caterpillars to give to his mom. Kerrie has been enjoying drinking bottles, sleeping, playing on a big huge ball with her mom and watching her brother do crazy things. She is the smiley-est happiest baby ever and just smiles and coos all day long. She is amazing.

5 comments:

Marielle Carlisle said...

So nice to read about you! Your kids are super cute.

Becca said...

Wahoo! I'm so happy to read your blog! And tell Eric good luck on the wards. I know exactly what you mean--Shane barely gets any baby time. Sad! Maybe they'll get to know each other when Peter's in high school. Sigh.

katherine said...

YES! Another one bites the dust! I am so excited to see all your happenings! PS, it was so good to see you here in the SLC! all my LOVE!

Suzie said...

Chotch, I love you.

*Leslie* said...

Let's see some more new pictures! Come on, I bet Karrie looks totally different then when I saw her last....